DNS2Go icon does not start on Vista or Windows 7 with UAC enabled
Feb 26, 2010 05:44 PM
If you are upgrading or installing DNS2Go 18.104.22.168 on Vista or Windows 7 and the DNS2Go icon does not show in the system tray after a computer reboot please take the following steps to correct this behavior.
1. Select Start - All Programs - Startup
2. Right click the DNS2Go shortcut in the Startup group and select Properties
3. Select the Compatibility tab
4. If the option "Run this program as an administrator" under Privilege Level is selected uncheck it and press Apply or OK and this will allow the DNS2Go client to start after a reboot. If "Run this program as an administrator" is grayed out select button "Change settings for all users" and uncheck "Run this program as an administrator" and press OK, OK.
5. Reboot the computer and the DNS2Go icon will start automatically.