If you want to see the status of another user and communicate with them
(Online or Off-Line), you have to add them to your contact list.
From the JAJC interface
If the opposite client has been set to confirm your request, there is a new
group named client_waiting (client being the account name of the user).
- Click on the light bulb icon and select the Add Contact menu
- Enter the Jid. The Jid is the email address of VisNetic MailServer
& Instant Messenger user.
- Enter the contact Nickname. This can be anything.
- Enter a Group name or use the drop down menu to select the Group
that you would like the contact associated with
- Click Next and the contact should now appear in your contact list.
Right click on the contact and choose authorize, confirm it and the new user
will be added to your contact list.
After their approval, he/she will be displayed in your list under the group that
you associated the contact with.