Connect to the Adminstration console for Kerio
WinRoute Firewall 6
- Click on the Start menu and go to Programs, then Kerio, and then
- In the \'New connection\' window, set \'Product\' to \'Kerio WinRoute
- If the \'New connection\' window is not present, then double-click on \'New
connection.\' Then, do step 2.
- If you are using the computer WinRoute Firewall is installed on
then set \'Host\' to \'localhost\'. If you are connecting to a remote
installation of WinRoute Firewall, then set \'Host\' to the domain
name or IP address of the remote WinRoute Firewall.
- In the \'Username\' field, enter the name of a user account within WinRoute
Firewall that has read/write rights. The user name is \'Admin\' by default.
- In the \'Password\' field, enter the password for the user account listed in
the \'Username\' field. Typically this will be the password configured when
WinRoute Firewall was first installed.
- Click once on the \'Connect\' button.
- Proceed on to the next section titled \'Locate your license number and
Locate your license number and version
- The first window to appear after logging into the Administration Console
will list Kerio WinRoute Firewall\'s version number and license number.
- The version number will appear to the right of the word \'Product:\'.
- The License number will appear to the right of the word \'License ID:\'.
- If the words \'Unregistered trial version\' appears to the right of \'License
ID:\' then Kerio WinRoute Firewall has not been licensed yet.