Quick Start - VisNetic MailServer 8.x ONLY
Under the DomainKey tab in the Management section, check Active. Enter a selector name, any name will do. Leave domain blank. Select nofws canonicalization. Click Generate private key, click on ok to generate a 512 bit key. Click on retrieve selector data. Copy the selector data.
Go to your DNS server. Create a sub-domain called _domainkey. Then create a TXT record for _domainkey, used for the policy record, o=~ or o=-, then add another text record named the same as the Selector you entered above. Paste the selector data into this TXT record.
In VisNetic MailServer:
1. Global Settings / Domains tab - Enable DomainKeys
2. Domains & Accounts / Management / "domain" / DomainKey Tab
- Check Active
- Enter a Selector name in the Selector field. This can be anything. We'll use "domainkey" (minus the quotes)
- Enter your domain name in the Domain field (optional).
- Select nofws canonicalization
- Click Generate Private Key
- Click OK to generate a 512 bit key
- Click Retreive Selector Data button
- Copy the Selector Data and Save.
On your DNS Server
- Create a sub-domain called "_domainkey" (minus quotes)
- Create a TXT record for the parent _domainkey domain using o=~ or o=-. The data of this TXT-record contains the policy which is basically either "o=-" or "o=~".
ESPC:http://senderid.espcoalition.org/Configuring DomainKeys in VisNetic MailServer (Receiving)
You can enable VisNetic MailServer to verify incoming emails using DomainKey technology.
AntiSpam / SpamAssassin tab
- Select "Use DomainKeys" and Apply.
The result of the "DomainKey Verification Test" will impact the individual email's SpamAssassin score.
By default the following SA scores are assigned:
Unverified Signature: 1.750 is added
Signature Passes Verification: -0.500 is added
Policy says Domain Signs Some Emails: 0.001 is added
These values may be changed in the 25_domainkeys.cf file located by default at:
C:\Program Files\Deerfield.com\VisNetic MailServer\spam\Rules
Additional DomainKeys information is available in the VisNetic MailServer Help Files as well as the VisNetic MailServer Admin Guide.