This article applies to upgrades from version 18.104.22.168 to version 9.x, or 9.x to 9.x upgrades. After the upgrade you may notice that the Challenge Response information is no longer available, which in the new Webmail versions 9 is in the Quarantine folder. The Challenge Response White list and Black list is as well not populated. You may also find the following error or similar in the VisNetic error log,
SYSTEM [008C] 09:25:27 DB lib [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The INSERT INTO statement contains the following unknown field name: 'SndCreatedAt'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and try the operation again.
The database for challenge response, whitelist, and blacklist is still available after the upgrade but is not accessible by the new Webmail until the database is migrated to the new Webmail database. Here's the steps required to migrate the data.
- Open the VisNetic Mailserver admin console.
- Select System - Tools - Database Migration.
- From the Database menu select AntiSpam Database.
- Select Source DB button and configure as follows, unless you are using a custom database, and press OK. If you are using a custom database, such as, MySQL or MSSQL please configure to connect your existing database.
- Select Destination DB button and configure as follows, unless you are using a custom database, and press OK. If you are using a custom database, such as, MySQL or MSSQL create and test a new ODBC connection and database prior to migration. The new ODBC connection and database must already exist so the migration tool can migrate data to it.
- Once the source and destination are configured press Start Migration.
- The migration will bring up a report and show the status. Once the migration is finished it will ask if you want to set Antispam to the new destination database, select Yes.
- This concludes the database migration. If you select General under AntiSpam and then the DB Settings button you will see the new DSN setup for the new database.
- Stop and start all VisNetic MailServer services.
- Now that the database is migrated you will need to update VisNetic MailServer to version 22.214.171.124 using the upgrade patch found at this download link.
Download patch for 9.1.4 to 126.96.36.199
- If you already have version 188.8.131.52 you do not need to install the patch but you will need to migrate the database.