After upgrading version 8.5 to version 9 you may need to migrate the old Groupware database to the new database.
Before migrating the data make sure that Groupware is activated and that the Groupware service is started. Failure to check these options prior to the migration may result in no data being migrated or database corruption.
1. Make copies of the databases.
C:\Program Files\Deerfield.com\VisNetic MailServer\calendar\calendar.mdb
C:\Program Files\Deerfield.com\VisNetic MailServer\calendar\groupware.db
2. Open the VisNetic Mailserver admin console.
3. Select System - Tools - Database Migration.
4. From the Database menu select Groupware Database.
5. Select Source DB button and configure using the following settings,
DSN - VisNeticGroupware
Syntax = MS Access
Driver - ODBC
Note: If you are using a custom database, such as, MySQL or MSSQL please configure to connect your existing database.
6. Select Destination DB button and configure using the following settings,
DSN - calendar\groupware.db Note: (type this into the DSN field)
Syntax = SQLite
Driver = SQLite
Note: If you are using a custom database, such as, MySQL or MSSQL create and test a new ODBC connection and database prior to migration. The new ODBC connection and database must already exist so the migration tool can migrate data to it.
7. Press Start Migration
8. The migration will show a report and ask if you want to use the destination DSN, press Yes.
9. Restart all VisNetic services.
After successfully migrating the database, and if you saved Webmail address books to plain text file, you may want to convert your address books to database using this article.
Convert plain text address books