IMPORTANT This device has been tested for Fax and Voice using firmware 'Smartware 5.3 Build Series 2009-01-15' versions available from http://upgrades.patton.com/submodelselect.asp?model=SmartNode.
3CX Support shall require use of the above firmware to address support issues.
Configuration is a 2 step process. First you configure 3CX Phone System for use with the Patton. 3CX Phone System will then output a configuration file for you to upload to the Patton device.
Step 1: Configuring 3CX Phone System to work for use with the Patton Smartnode 4114 or 4112
- Log on to the 3CX Phone System Management Console and go to: Lines => Add PSTN.
- Assign a name to the Patton SN-4114 device: Patton_SN4114.
- Select the device type – in this example we will assume: Patton SN-4114 4-port FXO (Firmware R5.x).
- Click the “Next >” button.
- From the "Country" drop-down menu, select the Country Tone Set that most closely matches that in use by the Telecoms Provider supplying the ISDN line.
- From the "Incoming Caller ID" drop-down menu, select whether to wait for incoming CallerID, or to deliver the call immediately. Most installation can safely use the default setting (Collect CallerID Information).
- From the "Announcements" drop-down menu, select whether you would like to remove pre-call announcements. For most installations, you may safely leave the default setting "Deliver Announcements".
- From the "Hunting Options" drop-down-menu, select what type of hunting strategy you would like to use for outbound calls. For most installations, you may safely leave the default setting "No Hunting".
- From the "Digit Collection Timeout" drop-down-menu, select how long to delay delivery of incoming calls to collect CallerID information for those Telecom Providers that send the information after the first ring.
- Click the “Next >” button.
- In the field “Gateway Hostname or IP”, insert the IP Address that you would like the device to use when connected to the LAN for communication with 3CX Phone System. This must be a STATIC IP. Note that the Patton SN-4554 and the 3CX Phone System must reside inside the same LAN.
- The “Number of ports” field is set by default to the number of ports available in the device.
- Click the "Next >" button.
- The “Create Lines” page allows you to configure each channel’s parameters, namely:
a. Virtual Extension Number
b. Authentication ID
c. Authentication Password
d. Number of simultaneous calls that the channel can handle
e. The Port Identification (External Number) of the channel
f. The destination of calls that are received by the channel - These values are pre-opulated, but may be changed at this point. The configuration file will be generated using the parameters supplied in this page.
Click the “Next >” button.
The "Create Outbound Rule" page provides a quick and easy way to correctly configure a simple rule to allow outbound calls using the Patton SN-4554 device to deliver outbound calls. A simple starting point could be to use "0" as the prefix, and all extensions will be able to dial outbound via this rule. The other values are pre-populated, but may be changed at this point.
- Click "Finish" (or "Skip" if you do not want to create an outbound rule).
- The 3CX Phone System is now fully configured for the Patton SN-4554. You can now click the “Generate config file” button (you will need to provide the subnet mask of your LAN) to save to disk a file that will automatically configure the device with the settings provided above.
Step 2: Connect the SmartNode to the network and upload the Configuration file
The next step is to connect the Smartnode to the network and upload the 3CX Phone System generated configuration file. Please see this article on how to do this.
Check out these Patton IP Gateways