2. Open Microsoft Outlook
3. Select Tools
/ VisNetic GroupWare
4. Add an Account
to VisNetic Groupware
a. Select the Add
b. In the resulting dialog, enter a descriptive Name
for this account.
c. Enter the full email address
in the Email address field.
d. Enter the Password
for the email address account entered above.
e. In the Server dialog, enter the IP address
or domain name
of the server where the VisNetic GroupWare service is running.
f. Use SSL connection - Specify whether or not the communication between the Outlook Connector and the GroupWare Server should be secured via SSL/TLS.
g. Use plain text passwords - If you are utilizing NT Passwords on the VisNetic MailServer (GroupWare Server), the password must be passed in plain text. Use this option with the SSL option to ensure proper security.
, Email Address
are required fields
5. Log into VisNetic WebMail
6. Select Calendar then Calendar Settings
7. Scroll down to Sharing
and select My Friends
8. Specify the email address
of those you would like to share your Contacts
When sharing GroupWare functions, those addresses listed as My Friends will have access to those items not specified (by you) as Private.Note:
If you are using VisNetic 8.5 or higher you can also add shared contacts from the VisNetic Admin console under Groupware - Public Folders. Press F1 for help.
9. Go back to Microsoft Outlook and Open VisNetic GroupWare
10. For users whose GroupWare objects you want to view or modify select the Shared Email tab and enter their email address.
11. If the other user has granted you the appropriate rights, a Personal Folder tree entry will be created
for that user�s GroupWare objects. You can rename it
by right-clicking, select Properties, then Advanced and specify a descriptive name (email@example.com GroupWare, as an example).
You can add as many shared GroupWare accounts as you like.Access the shared address book.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook
2. Select VisNetic GroupWare / Synchronize <>
(the default auto synchronization is 5 minutes)Note:
In version 8.5 or higher it will popup a dialog box asking if you want to add new shared contacts to Groupware. At this point you can accept the invite.
3. Confirm Contacts are available in the firstname.lastname@example.org
Groupware Contacts folder.
shared contacts with email@example.com
, User should repeat steps 1-11
4. Shared Contacts are also available via VisNetic WebMail / Address Book / Private Address BookImportant Notes:
1. The sharing of Global Addresses, as specified in VisNetic WebMail is not accessible via VisNetic Outlook Connector.
2. Contacts, events, notes, etc specified by the GroupWare user as Private will remain private and not accessible to other users specified as My Friends or Public.
3. See VisNetic GroupWare Help Files for additional configuration information.
4. GroupWare functionality is available for all users via VisNetic WebMail with a Groupware license.